10 best oral and maxillofacial pathology for 2019
Finding your suitable oral and maxillofacial pathology is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best oral and maxillofacial pathology including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
Best oral and maxillofacial pathology
1. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
See how to identify and effectively manage oral diseases! Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, 4th Edition provides state-of-the-art information on the wide variety of diseases that may affect the oral and maxillofacial region. Over 1,400 radiographs and full-color clinical photos thats more than any other reference bring pathologies and conditions to life. New to this edition is coverage of the latest advances in diagnosis and disease management, plus topics such as hereditary dental anomalies and oral lesions associated with cosmetic fillers. Written by well-known oral pathology educators Brad Neville, Douglas Damm, Carl Allen, and Angela Chi, this market leader is your go-to reference for the care of patients with oral disease!
- Comprehensive contemporary overview of oral and maxillofacial pathology includes a brief description of each individual lesion or pathologic condition and the kind of pathologic process that it represents, followed by a discussion of its clinical and/or radiographic presentation, histopathologic features, and its treatment and prognosis.
- Over 1,400 radiographs and full-color clinical photos facilitate the identification and classification of lesions and disease states.
- Up-to-date concepts of pathogenesis and disease management help you understand the diseases that affect oral and maxillofacial structures, formulate an accurate diagnosis, and institute proper treatment.
- Logical organization by body system or disease process makes it easy to look up specific conditions.
- Comprehensive appendix on differential diagnosis organizes disease entities according to their most prominent or identifiable clinical features, helping you find and formulate differential diagnoses.
- Information on forensic dentistry, methamphetamine, and gene mutations addresses some of todays leading topics in oral pathology research.
- Differential diagnosis case studies on the Evolve companion website include correct answers and rationales, offering more opportunities to improve your identification skills and diagnostic competency.
- NEW cutting-edge content includes pathologies and conditions such as localized juvenile spongiotic gingival hyperplasia, oral lesions associated with cosmetic fillers, oropharyngeal carcinomas related to human papillomavirus (HPV), IgG4-related disease and mammary analogue secretory carcinomas, Globodontia, Lobodontia, Leishmaniasis, and Xanthelasma.
- Over 130NEW full-color photos and over 40 NEW radiographs bring common and uncommon disease states more clearly to life.
2. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology: A Rationale for Diagnosis and Treatment
FeatureUsed Book in Good Condition
DescriptionThis award-winning clinical text covers the vast array of conditions that oral and maxillofacial surgeons need to be prepared to identify and treat, ranging from common reactive disorders to carcinoma to rare salivary gland neoplasms to malignancies of bone. In addition to its clinical presentation, each disease entity includes its pathogenesis, differential diagnosis, diagnostic work-up, histopathology, treatment, and prognosis, offering the reader the complete context necessary for understanding and managing it. This updated two-volume edition includes several new disease entities, the latest information on recognizing and treating previously described conditions, and new clinical images and cases that better portray the clinical presentation and/or treatment of specific diseases. Significant additions include the section on bisphosphonate-induced osteonecrosis of the jaws (BIONJ), which includes over 50 new images and outlines the complete staging and treatment for both oral and intravenous BIONJ, and the incorporation of new reconstructive techniques using recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein, stem cell concentrates, and tissue-engineering principles where appropriate. An essential reference for any oral and maxillofacial surgeon or resident.
1. Biopsy Principles and Techniques
2. Inflammatory and Reactive Diseases of the Oral and Maxillofacial Region
3. Infectious Diseases of the Oral and Maxillofacial Region
4. Immune-Based Diseases
5. Conditions of Developmental Disturbance
6. Hyperplasias, Hamartomas, and Neoplasms: Their Biology and Its Impact on Treatment Decisions
7. Benign Epithelial Tumors of Mucosa and Skin
8. Premalignant and Malignant Epithelial Tumors of Mucosa and Skin
9. Management of Irradiated Patients and Osteoradionecrosis
10. Benign Soft Tissue Tumors of Mesenchymal Origin
11. Malignant Soft Tissue Tumors of Mesenchymal Origin
12. Non-neoplastic Salivary Gland Diseases
13. Salivary Gland Neoplasms
14. Odontogenic and Nonodontogenic Cysts
15. Odontogenic Tumors
16. Pigmented Lesions of Mucosa and Skin
17. Fibro-osseous Diseases and Systemic Diseases Affecting Bone
18. Benign Neoplasms of Bone
19. Malignant Neoplasms of Bone
20. Neoplasms of the Immune System: Lymphomas, Leukemias, Multiple Myelomas, and Langerhans Cell Histiocytoses
21. Where Have All the Great Terms Gone? The Names We Associate with Diseases, Syndromes, and Anatomy: Who Were They?
3. Oral Pathology: A Comprehensive Atlas and Text
Woos Oral Pathology the first comprehensive, richly illustrated atlas of oral pathology that provides the full histologic range of presentation of mucosal disease. Board certified in both oral pathology and oral medicine, Dr. Sook-Bin Woo draws on her extensive clinical experience to help you achieve diagnostic certainty. Each condition is illustrated with clinical photographs and high-quality photomicrographs, while a management section for all entities provides further guidance. Oral Pathology provides all the knowledge you need to accurately identify even the most challenging lesions.
- High-quality clinical photographs and photomicrographs capture the characteristic presentation of all types of neoplastic, dysplastic, and benign mucosal disease.
- Brief descriptions of clinical management for each disease entity help you understand the implications of your diagnoses.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, virtual microscope slides, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Approximately 50 virtual microscope slides allow users to see slides of entire cases presented in the book.
- Includes a new chapter on lymphoid malignancies.
- Features new coverage of paracoccidioidomycosis and blastomycosis.
- Includes pathology of lesions, clinical photographs, high-quality photomicrographs, and brief discussions of clinical management.
4. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, 3rd Edition
FeatureUsed Book in Good Condition
DescriptionBe prepared to diagnose and manage any condition you encounter in your practice! This bestselling reference gives you direct access to a complete range of full-color clinical images and patient radiographs that illustrate the differentiating characteristics of lesions in the oral and maxillofacial region. Significantly revised and updated content throughout this edition brings you the latest information on the etiology, clinical features, histopathology, treatment, and prognosis of each disease entity, as well as cutting-edge topics such as bisphosphonate osteonecrosis, the oral complications associated with methamphetamine abuse, solitary fibrous tumors, gene mutation, and plasminogen deficiency.
- Over 1,300 clinical photos and radiographs, most in full color, facilitate identification and classification of lesions.
- Current concepts of pathogenesis and disease management help you understand the diseases that affect the oral and maxillofacial structures, formulate an accurate diagnosis, and institute proper treatment.
- Each chapter is logically organized by body system or disease group, enabling you to easily identify a specific condition.
- A comprehensive appendix of differential diagnosis among oral and maxillofacial disease processes helps you rule out invalid diagnoses.
- The bibliography divided by topic presented at the end of each chapter enables you to pursue supplemental literature.
- Highly accomplished authors and contributors with a broad range of clinical and classroom teaching experience provide well-balanced coverage of the entire subject.
- Chapter outlines at the beginning of each chapter allow immediate access to specific topics.
- Over 200 new illustrations have been added to this popular, visual reference.
- A new section on bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis thoroughly explores and illustrates this recently identified complication resulting from medications used to prevent bone loss in patients with multiple myeloma, metastatic tumors, and osteoporosis.
- A new section about the oral complications of methamphetamine abuse details characteristic oral manifestations such as meth mouth caries and factitial injuries.
- Expanded coverage of oral piercings, intraoral tattoos, and other body modifications includes unusual entities such as tongue splitting and charm needles.
- A new section on transient lingual papillitis sheds light on this common cause of transitory tongue irritation.
- A new section on solitary fibrous tumors familiarizes you with this popular designation for certain benign fibrous neoplasms.
- A new section on hypoplasminogenemia (ligneous conjunctivitis), or plasminogen deficiency, includes images from a patient case that illustrate the characteristic gingival lesions associated with this rare but fascinating systemic condition.
- A new section on hereditary mucoepithelial dysplasia describes the characteristic oral manifestations that can lead you to accurately diagnose this condition, potentially preventing a woman with this disorder from having cytologically unusual cells misdiagnosed as carcinoma on her cervical PAP smears.
- A new section discusses the clinical and microscopic features of chronic ulcerative stomatitis, an immune-mediated condition of the oral mucosa that presents with erosive lesions and is often mistaken for lichen planus.
- The chapter on Forensic Dentistry has been thoroughly revised and updated by leading forensic odontology author, Dr. Edward Herschaft, to include the latest information on this fascinating topic.
- Several chapters have been updated to include the most current knowledge of specific gene mutations associated with hereditary oral disorders.
5. Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
FeatureUsed Book in Good Condition
DescriptionORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL PATHOLOGY deals with the nature, identification, and management of diseases affecting the oral and maxillofacial regions. An invaluable reference for the dental office and the ultimate learning aid for students, it includes the most comprehensive collection of full-color clinical images and patient x-rays available today. This new 2nd Edition is completely revised and updated to provide the latest information on etiology, clinical features, histopathology, treatment, and prognosis for each disease entity. Over 850 illustrations are now presented in full color, bringing the subject matter to life. The new full-color presentation allows for easy comparison of soft tissue lesions and facilitates classification of all lesions of the oral and maxillofacial region.
6. Veterinary Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
Veterinary Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology focuses on methods for establishing a diagnosis and set of differential diagnoses.
- Provides the only text dedicated solely to veterinary oral and maxillofacial pathology
- Guides the pathologist through the thought process of diagnosing oral and maxillofacial lesions
- Focuses on mammalian companion animals, including dogs, cats and horses, with some coverage of ruminants, camelids, and laboratory animal species
- Features access to video clips narrating the process of histological diagnosis on a companion website
7. Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
DescriptionThis vibrant, full-color text provides the practical and up-to-date information readers need to understand and diagnose oral injuries and diseases. Organized in a consistent and logical format, it includes the latest discussions on oral pathology, as well as key content on neoplasia, immune-mediated disorders, developmental disorders, and oral manifestations of systemic conditions. Providing thorough discussions of the most common disorders, each chapter also includes a list of the recent review articles and classic publications that are related to the chapter's content. More than 900 photos and illustrations of the oral and maxillofacial region are included, and many photomicrographs are accompanied by simple color line drawings to aid in the detection of disease and abnormal cells.
- The arrangement of chapters follows the curriculum of oral pathology courses in most dental schools.
- The logical organization provides a consistent, accessible approach to text content.
- Complete, yet concise coverage includes the most essential and practical information.
- Full-color photos of oral lesions assist with the clear identification and diagnosis of oral conditions.
- Key Terms presented at the beginning of each chapter are highlighted within the chapter text to assist in content review.
- Chapter outlines begin each chapter to facilitate the location of important topics.
- A comprehensive bibliography, divided by pathologic topic, is presented at the end of each chapter to help readers find supplemental literature quickly.
- Three highly accomplished authors with a broad range of clinical research and classroom teaching experience ensure well-balanced coverage of the entire subject.
- All topics have been completely revised and updated with the latest information on the etiology, clinical features, histopathology, treatment, and prognosis of each disease.
- An all new format with larger illustrations and additional syndromes and hereditary diseases, includes more than 900 images (nearly 700 in full color), larger size to show even more detail, and striking new full-color line drawings to assist with the clear identification and diagnosis of oral conditions.
- New disease entities have been added including skin lesions, additional immune-mediated conditions, recent advances in the understanding and management of AIDS, and expanded information on the treatment and management of oral diseases to keep readers up to date on the most recent trends and findings in oral diagnosis and the treatment of disease.
- A comprehensive glossary at the end of the book makes it easy to quickly locate definitions of every key term highlighted within the text.
8. Color Atlas of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases
Introducing an essential new practical atlas for dental students and clinicians alike! The Color Atlas of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases provides comprehensive, practical information on the most common oral and maxillofacial diseases and disorders. This new text uses a quick-access atlas format to help you easily look up clinical signs, diagnosis, and treatments. Nearly 750 high-quality images accompanied by brief narratives demonstrate exactly what clinical signs to look for making an intervention as timely as possible. Written by four of the top dental authorities in the world, this concise resource is sure to become a clinical favorite. Expert Consult TM eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
- NEW! Quick-access atlas format makes it easy to look up clinical signs, diagnosis, and treatment of oral and maxillofacial diseases
- NEW! Nearly 750 high-quality radiographs and color clinical photos facilitate the identification of lesions and diseases.
- NEW! Comprehensive, focused coverage highlight diseases that may affect the oral and maxillofacial regions.
- NEW! Full-color design and illustrations.
- NEW! Logical organization reflects the sequence in which content is generally presented to predoctoral students.
- NEW! Expert Consult TM eBook version included with purchase allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
9. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology: 1st South Asia Edition
DescriptionThe go-to text for the care of patients with oral disease! Identify and effectively manage oral diseases with Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology! Comprehensive, state-of-the-art coverage includes a description of each individual lesion or pathologic condition, including a discussion of its clinical and/or radiographic presentation, histopathologic features, and its treatment and prognosis Over 1,400 radiographs and full-color clinical photos - that's more than any other reference - facilitate the identification and classification of lesions and disease states Logical organization by body system or disease process makes it easy to look up specific conditions NEW cutting-edge content includes conditions and tumors such as localized juvenile spongiotic gingival hyperplasia, oral lesions associated with cosmetic fillers, HPV-related oropharyngeal carcinoma, IgG4-related disease, and mammary analogue secretory carcinoma Coverage of oral pathology research topics includes current information on forensic dentistry, methamphetamine, and gene mutations A comprehensive appendix organizes diseases according to their clinical features, helping you find and formulate differential diagnoses
10. Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygienist (ORAL PATHOLOGY FOR THE DENTAL HYGIENIST ( IBSEN))
Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygienist is your source for the most trusted content in oral pathology. With more than 50 years of combined real-world experience, Olga Ibsen and Joan Phelan have created a text that offers the ideal combination of clinical photographs, radiographs and discussion to help you identify, understand, evaluate, and document the appearance of normal and disease states. This user-friendly, atlas-style text features the learning tools and updated content you need to prepare for success on your exams and throughout your professional career.
- More than 500 high-quality illustrations, radiographs, and photographs bring oral pathology to life with some of the best clinical examples available to help you learn to identify and differentiate disease states.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter, written in the style of the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE), reinforce your understanding of chapter content and provide excellent test preparation.
- Synopsis Tables break down and highlight the most important information from each chapter, helping you to differentiate among the various types of pathological conditions.
- The Evolve companion website offers a practice exam, interactive pathology identification exercises, case studies, and more study tools.
- NEW! Additional photos and illustrations help you clearly visualize abnormalities.
- NEW! Mobile downloads allow you to take photographs and radiographs with you on smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- NEW! Content on human papillomavirus (HPV) and diabetes keeps you up to date with the latest research and findings.