The 10 best social worker for 2019
Finding the best social worker suitable for your needs isnt easy. With hundreds of choices can distract you. Knowing whats bad and whats good can be something of a minefield. In this article, weve done the hard work for you.
Best social worker
1. How Social Workers Swear Coloring Book: A Funny, Irreverent, Clean Swear Word Social Worker Coloring Book Gift Idea (Social Worker Coloring Books) (Volume 1)
Looking for funny gifts for Social Workers? This Clean Swear Word Coloring Book is Perfect!
In this book we have put together a list of hilarious, clean swear words that Social Workers definitely can use!
Funny and cheap gift ideas for Social Workers are hard to come by but we think we've made a great one with this Social Worker coloring book!
Way more interesting than a pair of socks or a t-shirt. This hilarious non-sweary coloring book for grown ups will create plenty of laughs all round.
If you have a friend or family member who appreciates funny gift ideas then you have come to the right place. Not only is this clean swear word adult coloring book an absolute bargain, but the hilarious non-sweary quotes in this adult coloring book are bound to bring a big smile to your favorite Social Worker's face!
We know how hard it can be to find gifts for Social Workers, so we hope we have made life easier for you!
2. WalDeal 1 Piece, Social Worker Gift, Funny Coffee Mug, 11-OZ Fine Bone Ceramic White
FeatureMaterial : 35% bone , 65% ceramic
Print on both side,not fade,good transmittance.
Twice hard,more lighter,more thinner than ordinary mug
We Suggest You Hand Wash,Dishwasher And Microwave May Do Harm To The Mug
This is a best gift idea for social worker birthday,graduation,promotion...
DescriptionBrand : WalDeal
Product : social worker gifts mug
Material : 35% bone , 65% ceramic
Size : 11 oz
Height = 3.8 inch
Diameter = 3.2 inch
Color : oyster white
Feature compare with ordinary ceramic mug:
1. Twice harder
2. More lighter
3. More thinner
4. Exquisite and transparent, the shape is beautiful and elegant, and the color surface is like jade
5. Good transmittance
6. The sound of surface is ringing after knock that use a finger
7. Food grade healthy
Friendship tips :this fine bone ceramic coffee mug is safe in dishwasher and microwave,the pattern will not fade.But the cleaning should not be done with steel wool,that will do harm to the mug
Perfect gifts for bad ass social worker week assistance like MSW,LCSW,BSW,LMFT,DSW,MRE,Ed.D.,nursing,teacher,advisor,doc,clients,retirement,professor,hospital,editors,decor ...
1 x coffee mug & 1 x gift box
3. Social Worker Unbreakable t-shirt
Featuresocial worker gifts,Social Work t-shirt, Social Work shirt, Social Work best shirt, Social Work best t-shirt,Makes a spectacular gift for a friend, a co worker, a boss, your mom, dad, sister, brother, grandma or grandpa, husband, wife or even yourself!
t-shirt for Social Worker
Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
4. Sally Social Worker: You Know You're a Social Worker If
DescriptionTo a non-social worker this sounds ridiculous: You work your buns off in school, do an internship for free, get ready to save the world, and then find yourself having repetitive conversations with angry clients about budgeting and drug use. You work late because a client had a crisis and then seamlessly switch gears into your "normal" life. You frequently have to explain what social workers do, even to other professionals. After all this you still love what you do and do it for very little money. For over 10 years, I have referred to us hopeful yet realistic, compassionate yet aware, patient yet frank professionals as Sally Social Workers. This helps me see the humor in situations, brings a shared smile between us social workers, and maybe helps us show others what we do. I've used the Sally cartoon in talks to illustrate compassion fatigue, limit setting, flexibility, and self care.
5. Gifts for Social Worker, Christmas Present For Women Boyfriend Girlfriend Best Funny Birthday Gift Ideas Workers Prime Clinical Appreciation School Hospice Office Desk Appreciating Cheap Gag Cup Mug
FeatureSuperior Quality, Made of High Grade White Orca Ceramics, Dishwasher and Microwave Safe for Your Convenience
Custom Designed Coffee Mug, Proudly Printed in the USA on Both Sides
Hilarious, Fun, and Happy White Coffee Cup Sure To Please Every Social Worker
This Fantastic Gift Can Be Jazzed Up Even More by Placing Additional Gifts Inside, Such as Stickers, Magnets, Candies and Chocolates, or Coffee Grounds and Tea Bags.
The Premium Full color Sublimation Imprint Creates a Vibrant, Long Lasting, and Lead-Free Design For Your Safety
The Best Christmas Gifts Are Both Personal and Functional, and That's Why This Mug is a Fantastic Choice.
- LiliWair IS THE ONLY AUTHORIZED SELLER OF THIS UNIQUE MUG. BEWARE OF IMITATIONS!!!
- IF YOU WANT THE HIGHEST QUALITY GIFT YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. Our mugs come in 11 oz size. They're crafted from the highest grade ceramic, and our designs are printed and sublimated in the United States.
- PLUS, OUR MUGS ARE MICROWAVE AND DISHWASHER SAFE.
- ALL OUR MUGS COMES WITH A 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. You Never Have To Worry When You Do Business With LiliWair ; We Stand By Our Mugs 100%. Satisfaction Guaranteed! Or Your Money Back , No Questions Asked.
- YOU CAN STOP SEARCHING FOR A GIFT FOR YOUR FAMILY MEMBER, FRIEND OR COWORKER. We continually update our inventory with fresh designs and can only keep so many mug s in stock. So don't wait to order yours! Orders yours now!
6. CafePress - Atlas Of A Social Workers Brain Mugs - Unique Coffee Mug, Coffee Cup
FeatureSmall White & White / Black Coffee Mug is 3.75"x3", 11 oz capacity. Mega Mug Option is 4.75"x3.25", 20 oz capacity.
Durable white ceramic with easy grip handle give a classic coffee mug look and feel.
Coffee cup designs are professionally printed. Make someone smile with funny, cute, vintage, or expressive artwork!
Microwave safe. Dishwasher safe, top shelf recommended. IMPORTED.
We offer 100% money back guarantee, so you can buy with confidence. Your satisfaction is our promise, and returns/exchanges are made easy.
DescriptionCafePress brings your passions to life with the perfect item for every occasion. With thousands of designs to choose from, you are certain to find the unique item you've been seeking. This coffee mug is the perfect drinkware companion. The smooth white ceramic and easy-grip handle feels great in your hand as you sip your morning brew or afternoon tea. Use it at home or in the office as a pen holder, displaying the funny or cute design. The design is professionally printed, making it the perfect novelty gift for both men and women, young or old. And taking care of this coffee mug is a cinch, as it can be used in the dishwasher or microwave. And with CafePress, your satisfaction is always our promise...buy with confidence, as we offer easy returns and exchanges and a 100% money back guarantee.
7. Days in the Lives of Social Workers: 58 Professionals Tell Real-Life Stories From Social Work Practice (4th Edition)
FeatureUsed Book in Good Condition
DescriptionSpend a day with social workers in 58 different settings, and learn about the many career paths available to you. Did you ever wish you could tag along with a professional in your chosen field, just for a day, observing his or her every move? DAYS IN THE LIVES OF SOCIAL WORKERS allows you to take a firsthand, close-up look at the real-life days of 58 professional social workers as they share their stories. Join them on their journeys, and learn about the rewards and challenges they face.
This book is an essential guide for anyone who wants an inside look at the social work profession. Whether you are a social work graduate student or undergraduate student, an experienced professional wishing to make a change in career direction, or just thinking about going into the field, you will learn valuable lessons from the experiences described in DAYS IN THE LIVES OF SOCIAL WORKERS.
The 4th edition includes four new chapters, a new appendix on social media and mobile apps, and features a foreword by Elizabeth J. Clark, executive director of the National Association of Social Workers.
Table of Contents
About the Editor/Contributors
Introduction to the 4th Edition
PART 1--HEALTH CARE
- Social Work in the ER
- Social Work in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Remembering Why I Became a Social Worker: Lessons Learned on Internal Medicine
- Social Work in an Infertility Clinic
- Working with Pregnant Women in Public Health
- Managing in Managed Care
- Social Work in the Commissioned Corps
- Private Practice With Urban Gay Men: With a Subspecialty in HIV/AIDS
- A Very Special Nursing Home in the South Bronx
- Pediatric HIV Research
PART 3--SCHOOL SOCIAL WORK
- Elementary School Social Work
- An Inner-City High School
- Social Work in a Rural School District
PART 4--CHILDREN, YOUTH, AND FAMILIES
- Urban Child Protective Services
- A Neighborhood Youth Center
- Play Therapy and Bullying
- Working with Gay and Lesbian Youth
- Child Welfare Ombudsman
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Social Work Goes to Summer Camp
- Developmental Disabilities
- "Us" Becoming "Them"
PART 6--MENTAL HEALTH
- Involuntary Admission: A New Worker's Introduction to the "603"
- Partial Hospitalization
- Social Work in a Clubhouse
- Life as a Group Home Manager
- Disaster Mental Health Services
PART 7--SUBSTANCE ABUSE
- Dual Diagnosis: Substance Abuse and Mental Health in an Inpatient Setting
- Social Work in the Alaskan Bush
- Adventure-Based Practice
PART 8--PRIVATE PRACTICE
- Private Practice and the Eclectic Social Worker
- An Office to Call My Own: Private Practice in the Lesbian Community
PART 9--CRIMINAL JUSTICE: WORKING WITH OFFENDERS AND VICTIMS
- Prison Substance Abuse Treatment
- A Hard Day's Night: Working with Assaultive Men in Prison
- Residential Treatment for Adolescent Sexual Offenders
- Forensic Social Work: Mitigating Death Penalty Cases in a Capital Defense Unit
- Victim Services
PART 10--OLDER ADULTS AND THE END OF LIFE
- Social Work With Survivors of the Holocaust
- Nursing Home Social Work
- Senior Adult Coordinator
- Hospice Social Work
- Home Health Social Work
- Geriatric Care Management: A Growing Profession
- The Daily Life of NASW's Executive Director
- Life as an Agency CEO
- Association Management
PART 12--VETERANS AND THE MILITARY
- Family Advocacy in the Military
- Outreach to Homeless Veterans
PART 13--HIGHER AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Life as a BSW Educator
- A University Counseling Center
- Providing Continuing Education to Social Workers
PART 14--INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL WORK
- Consulting in Armenia
- Working with Unaccompanied Minors in Britain
- Working with Raskal Gangs in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea
- Working with Russian Immigrants
PART 15--WORKING IN COMMUNITIES
- Community Organizing for Social Change
- A Day in the Life of a Policy Practitioner
- Mucho Gusto en Conocerle (I'm Pleased to Meet You): Working with Migrant Farm Families
APP. A: Organizations of Interest to Social Workers
APP. B: Additional Reading
APP. C: Web Resources
APP. D: Social Media, Blogs, and Apps, Oh My!
8. MyCozyCups Social Worker Gifts - Amazing Social Worker Miracle Worker Job Title Coffee Mug - Funny Unique Gift Idea 11oz Cup for Birthday, Christmas - Cute Quote Saying Appreciation Present for Women
FeatureSHOW APPRECIATION FOR PROUD SOCIAL WORKERS - Are you looking for a coffee mug that suits an awesome life saving, hardworking, social worker? He or she will be thrilled when he opens the gift box to find his/her new favorite coffee mug. Show your appreciation for him/her.
ARRIVES 100% READY TO BE GIFTED - Social Worker Miracle Worker Job Title 11oz cup is dishwasher and microwave safe. Packaged perfectly and ready to wrap for a present. Perfect gag gift idea for government social services employees.
PURCHASE WITH CONFIDENCE - Since your satisfaction is our number one priority. This mug is backed by our satisfaction guarantee. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues with your purchase and we will make sure to help you as best we can.
GREAT GIFT MUG FOR ANY OCCASION - This mug can be gifted for any occasion be it Christmas, Birthday, turning 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, Valentine's day, Mother's Day, Xmas, Graduation, Holiday Party, White Elephant, Secret Santa, or in a gift exchange.
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS - MYCOZYCUPS is the sole distributor of the item. Our mugs are made to last. Designed and printed proudly in the USA. Make sure to purchase for us for best authentic quality. Our funny sarcastic quote mugs are available now!
DescriptionSocial Worker Job Title Coffee Mug Gift
Need the Perfect Gift for a Loved One? We've Got You Covered!
Proudly designed and manufactured in a small humble town on the East Coast of the United States, our small family-owned business works tirelessly to bring you
only the best gifts for the important people in your life! Whether it's your Mom's birthday, or a White Elephant party at the office,
we've got you covered!
POPULAR GIFT IDEAS - Show them how much you care with a thoughtful, affordable gift that always arrives on time!
PREMIUM QUALITY BUILD - Crafted using only the top quality inks and sturdy and durable ceramic!
PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION - Whether a Birthday, Valentine's Day, Mother or Father's day or Christmas, we've got you covered!
DISHWASHER AND MICROWAVE SAFE - All our models handle both hot and cold liquids and are Dishwasher and Microwave safe!
9. The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook for Social Workers and Other Helping Professionals
DescriptionSelf-care is an imperative for the ethical practice of social work and other helping professions. From A (awareness) to Z (ZZZZ--Sleep), the editors and contributors use a simple A-to-Z framework to outline strategies to help you build a self-care plan with specific goals and ways to reach them realistically. Questions for reflection and additional resource lists help you to dig deeper in your self-care journey. Just as the ABCs are essential building blocks for a young childs learning, you can use the ABCs in The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook for Social Workers and Other Helping Professionals to build your way to a happy, healthy, ethical life as a helping professional. Includes a self-care planning form to help you set goals and formulate strategies.
The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook for Social Workers and Other Helping Professionals...offers a broad range of concrete suggestions for improving individual self-care that should provide guidance and support to fit a broad range of practitioner needs. The book also includes material in several chapters that notes the important role organizations must take in stress and burnout reduction and support of self-care.
SUE STEINER, Ph.D., MSW, Professor, School of Social Work at California State University, Chico, Co-author, Self-Care in Social Work: A Guide for Practitioners, Supervisors, and Administrators
...a caring and useful resource for helping professionals concerned about burnout, stress, staff turnover, and wellness.... By focusing on insights and reflections and providing resources and strategies, The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook is a practical guide and an empowering book.
DR. BARBARA W. SHANK, Ph.D., MSW, Dean and Professor, School of Social Work, University of St. Thomas, St. Catherine University, Chair, Board of Directors, Council on Social Work Education
As the leader of a large nonprofit organization, the health and well-being of my colleagues is always top of mind for me. The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook for Social Workers and Other Helping Professionals is just what an organization like ours needed to promote self-care in a way that makes sense for all of us!
JENNIFER HANCOCK, LCSW, President & CEO, Volunteers of AmericaMid-States
Sometimes there is a book that speaks to what you also have tried to put into words that feels truly hand-in-glove. I see The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook for Social Workers and Other Helping Professionals as precisely this book.
SARAKAY SMULLENS, MSW, LCSW, author of Burnout and Self-Care in Social Work: A Guidebook for Students and Those in Mental Health and Related Professions
Grise-Owens, Miller, & Eaves The A-to-Z Self-Care Handbook for Social Workers and Other Helping Professionals is a much-needed handbook to inspire and guide self-care practice. Its insights are far-ranging, original, practical, and flexible. The short chapter format, focused topics, and fresh tone are both accessible and sure to motivate. Even those who have given a great deal of thought and attention to self-care will find new, exciting, and practicable guidance in its pages.
LISA D. BUTLER, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University at Buffalo, School of Social Work, Primary Developer, UBSSW Self-Care Starter Kit
10. Fred THE DAILY MOOD Desk Flipchart
FeatureThe daily mood is a crucial desk-top accessory for all the different types of days you can have at the office
It spells out everyone's demeanor in no uncertain terms
There are 47 moods to choose from, each with its own smiley along with a snarky definition, fascinating facts, and sample sentences
It's lo-tech 'social networking' fun to spice up any old day at the office
Individual gift boxes make this a perfect gift for your office mates or your boss